You can purchase shares either through the primary market or secondary market. The primary market is for initial public offerings (new shares) while the secondary market is for already existing shares on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

As a Shareholder, you can collect your dividend by completing the E-mandate form at our office, on the website and submit the form via our Contact Centre mail- [email protected],at your bank or at our office.

Full names, address, contact information, CHN, bank details, passport and your signature with a means of identification

You can dematerialize your share certificate by contacting your stockbroker who will issue you a demat form for your completion, after which your stock broker will also complete their own portion of the demat form before the form is submitted at the registrar office for lodgment at CSCS

You can sell your shares through your stock broker on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

Dividends are paid directly to the bank account specified by the shareholder. It’s important to ensure that your bank account details are up to date in the  register of members to receive dividends promptly.

Dividend payments can vary by company. Some companies pay dividends quarterly, while others pay semi-annually or annually.

Dividends are typically calculated based on the company’s earnings and decided upon by the board of directors. The dividend per share is often a fixed amount or a percentage of the company’s earnings per share.

Yes, many companies offer dividend reinvestment plans (DRIPs) that allow shareholders to automatically reinvest their dividends to purchase additional shares of the company’s stock, often at a discount. But not all Companies do so.

A share certificate is a physical or electronic document that serves as proof of ownership of shares in a company. It typically includes details such as the shareholder’s name, the number of shares owned, the Company seal and name.

Share certificates provide legal evidence of ownership and are often required for various purposes such as selling shares, transferring ownership.

While many companies now issue electronic or dematerialized shares, which are held in electronic form without the need for physical certificates, share certificates are still used in some cases, especially for private companies.

Shares can be sold electronically without the need for a physical share certificate, especially if the shares are held in a brokerage account. However, if a share certificate is required, it must be transferred to the buyer as part of the sale process.

Yes, you can register shares jointly with another person, such as a spouse or business partner. Joint registration typically requires both parties’ information and signatures on the registration form.

As a shareholder, you can update your information by notifying us of any changes, such as a change of address or name. This can usually be done by completing our E-data Update form.

You can keep track of your shareholdings through your brokerage account statements or by requesting a statement from us your registrar.

As a registered shareholder, you have various rights, including the right to receive dividends, vote at shareholder meetings, receive company communications, and participate in corporate actions such as mergers or acquisitions.

Shares can be transferred to another individual or entity through a share transfer process. However, This usually involves completing a share transfer form and submitting it at our office or via mail along with any necessary documentation and payment of applicable fees.

Kindly provide and bring to our office the following listed documents 1. 2 copies of the death certificate. 2. 2 copies of the letter of administration/probate (original required for sighting) 3. All original share certificates and dividend warrants still in your possession. 4. 2 copies of the will where applicable or a certificate of additional assets obtained from the probate division of High Court if the letter of administration does not indicate that the deceased acquired shares in any company. 5. Original Banker’s Confirmation of signature of the administration (s) duly authenticated by the bank. 6. Valid identification of the administrator(s) 7. Newspaper publication of Gazette. (Note: In case you cannot bring these documents to our office, an authority letter can be given to your stockbroker to submit all these documents on your behalf which must be sighted and stamped by the broker.)

Please visit our office with the original copy of your sworn court affidavit,letter fOr change of name, marriage certificate (in case of marriage), valid ID, newspaper publication. (Note: In case you cannot bring these documents to our office, an authority letter can be given to your stockbroker to submit all these documents on your behalf which must be sighted and stamped by our officer

Yes, it’s possible, through our online voting on the day of AGM, or you can appoint someone as your proxy. Please complete the proxy form and dispatch to our office 48 hours before the meeting.

AGM (Annual General Meeting) is done yearly while EGM (Extra General Meeting) is an unpredicted event or decision that need immediate action.


Subscribe to our research Insight

Cookie Notification

We use cookies to help operate our site and for analytic purposes. By continuing to use this website, you agree to the use of cookies. Our cookie policy provides more information about what cookies we use and how you can change them.